January 5, 2010

January 1

The first day I woke up pretty foggy from too much New Year's Eve! Took one cup of coffee to remember it was day one :) I had milk for my coffee from a local New York Dairy that purchases milk from 250 New York state farmers. They have their own butter, cream, buttermilk and a few other dairy products. This would really be my only option if it wasn't for the fact that in New York state it is legal to sell raw milk. I am pretty anxious to try raw milk after hearing all about if from my husband. He drank it the first 18 years of his life and proudly proclaims it is the reason for his great health and vigor!! I highly recommend reading about the benefits of raw milk and also the book 'Raw Milk Revolution' by David Gumpert. Also visit the website www.realmilk.com/

Having our own eggs, meat and vegtables, I wasn't too worried about not preparing yet. Eggs and bacon for breakfast, prepared by my sister-in-law, which was a treat, eggs again for lunch and butternut squash, beets, corn and pheasant for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Stace... our buddy Kevin P only drinks raw, whole milk and its served him well!

    ReplyDelete