September 3, 2010

Back in the USA!


I just got back last night from a 10 day trip to London. Ellie is taking a semester abroad and I went over early with her to see London and help her move in! Eating local and organic seems to be just as big there as here in the states. Walking through London there were several restaurants advertising local foods only or specials of the day using local foods! One of my favorite stores while there was Neal's Yard Dairy, a small shop selling farm cheeses from the British Isles. They were extremely generous with the samples and the store had such a wonderful smell throughout! I bought a very nice cheddar, Montgomery's Cheddar to be specific. I actually brought some back with me in my suitcase! John had some this morning and agreed with me, it is the best Cheddar cheese we have ever had! This cheese is made at Manor Farm, in North Cadbury, Somerset. Made with unpasteurised milk and aged for over a year, it truly is spectacular. I am going to be on a mission this month to find the best local cheese in the Finger Lakes!

2 comments:

  1. Please share when you find it. I hate buying cheeses from the store that are labeled sharp, extra sharp, special reserve sharp and they all are soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bill-sorry we missed last night-still had jet lag and was in bed by 9:30. Ask Dan about the cheddar -I gave some to the boys! Let us know when you have another happy hour!!

    ReplyDelete